-Goal Area: Cognitive thinking skills
-Name of Activity: Dance and freeze (problem solving, understanding prepositions.)
-Objective: children will follow the directions given during the game.
-Materials: Music that the kids are familiar with and enjoy (not too rowdy.)
-Method: Tell the children that they are to move to the music and then freeze in the stated position when the music stops.
-Adaptations: see below
-Submitted by: Margie La Bella
-Lyrics and Chords: Up to you and the needs/preferences of your group.
Here are examples of how to get the game going:
1. When the music stops, freeze behind your chair. ( Or other spacial relations.)
2. ………………………………. put your head (foot, elbow or other body part) on your chair
3. A combo version………. put your (part) under (or other preposition) your chair.
4. Another combo ………..put one foot under your chair and the other on top.
5. Freeze like a decided upon animal or character.
6. Freeze near something yellow (or other color.)
7. Freeze near something we eat at, or sharpen our pencils with, or where we hang out backpacks… or other object-function relationship.
8. Try whatever you and/or the kids think up.